Jewish Community Action is seeking a Development Associate to manage, grow, and engage our membership, to coordinate foundation support, and to plan fundraising events.
This position is a great opportunity for a resourceful and imaginative person with energy and passion for social change. We are working to build a strong Jewish voice for social justice in Minnesota, and are excited to add a fresh perspective and new voice to our team – we take our work very seriously, but we typically enjoy ourselves while we do it. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply.
Membership and Grassroots Fundraising
- Process contributions and provide staff and development committee with accurate reports of fundraising activity.
- Manage donor data and coordinate with administrative staff to maintain and provide accurate records to our board and development committee.
- Manage renewal and cultivation process to grow our membership and increase retention of donors.
- Work with board members, fellow staff, and volunteers to engage them in on-going cultivation and solicitation of financial support.
- Connect with new members to strengthen their knowledge and understanding of our work and help them get engaged with our organizing team.
- Work with Executive Director and Organizing Director to strengthen major gifts program; coordinate outreach to and scheduling with major donors.
- Manage our planned giving program.
- Grow our online fundraising, both through our own website and social media platforms and as part of fundraising events like Give to the Max Day.
- Work with Communications Director to assist in development of annual report.
Events and Other Fundraising
- Coordinate annual social justice fundraising calendar; solicit advertisements and work with graphic designer to coordinate layout and printing.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events, including house parties and donor recognition (both in person and through social media).
Development and Grantwriting
- Research funding opportunities with local and national foundations, including family foundations in the Jewish community.
- Manage calendar of grant and funder report deadlines, coordinate with organizing team to prepare reports to funders as needed.
- Work with Executive Director and Organizing Director to coordinate solicitation of foundation and corporate contributions; assist with and write grant proposals and coordinate with other staff on their submission of proposals and reports on a timely basis.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent life experience the nonprofit sector, marketing, fundraising, communications, or related field.
- Experience with an online CRM database for member management.
- Previous grantwriting experience is great but we will train this if you are an enthusiastic fundraiser in person and on the phone.
- Experience organizing people and/or money for social justice.
- An interest in and commitment to building power for racial and economic justice.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Some familiarity with the Jewish community is preferred.
- High level of computer literacy (Mac/Google Docs environment).
Competitive benefits, including paid sick, vacation time, and Jewish holidays.
This is a full time position, salary commensurate with experience.
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com