Jewish Community Action, a statewide social justice organization, seeks a part-time Bookkeeper/Office Administrator to ensure the smooth operation of the JCA office and enable the organization to accomplish our mission more effectively through solid financial administration and support for our membership and communications work
We are working to build a strong Jewish voice for racial and economic justice in Minnesota, and we are excited to add a fresh perspective and a new voice to our team. We take our work very seriously, but we typically enjoy ourselves while we do it. Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable, process invoices, and prepare checks for the organization
- Assist with payroll preparation and administer employee benefits
- Prepare and make weekly bank deposits.
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Assist in preparing for annual audit
- Maintain equipment and furniture, including computers and telephones, and manage vendor relationships
- Provide technology assistance to staff or assist in problem solving
- Manage and purchase office supplies
- Assist with meeting logistics, mailings and record keeping
Program, Membership, and Communications Support
- Assist with membership renewal and acknowledgment mailings and maintain membership database
- Assist with and attend meetings, actions and events
- Assist with preparing and distributing promotional materials
- Assist with communications including social media
- Assist with preparation of annual report and other mailings
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Understanding of non-profit structure and operations and mission-driven administration
- Proficiency in Mac operating system
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, and at least one CRM database
- Comfort with helping others with technology
- Some experience with the Jewish community is preferred
Position to start at the beginning of February. Application accepted until January 17th, but we will begin reviewing them as they come in. Expected average of 20 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
How to Apply:
Send resume and three references to Carin Mrotz at firstname.lastname@example.org.